Ricky Taylor Joins JOTA for COTA as Lynn Returns for Final Two Rounds

August 21, 2026



Ricky Taylor will make his race debut with Cadillac Hertz Team JOTA at the Lone Star Le Mans at Circuit of The Americas next month, with Alex Lynn confirmed to return for the final two FIA World Endurance Championship races of the season.

Announced on Friday, Taylor, who is fresh off victory in the six-hour IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race at Road America with Cadillac Wayne Taylor Racing, will share driving duties of the No. 12 JOTA Cadillac V-Series.R with full season drivers Will Stevens and Norman Nato.

Taylor, who took part in last year’s Bahrain rookie test with the team, as well as having driven its Cadillac at the 2025 Goodwood Festival of Speed, has been linked to a full season WEC seat with the British squad next year.

“I’m really excited to join Cadillac Hertz Team JOTA for the COTA round of the WEC championship,” said Taylor.

“I’ve always been a big fan of the team and it was great working with them this year at Le Mans as a teammate car.

“I know Will and Norman well from their time with WTR. COTA is an amazing track and it will be great to go back to Austin.

“Cadillac Hertz Team JOTA has been so strong all year, we’ve all been watching and cheering them on. I’ll be doing my best to help contribute to another good result at COTA.”

Lynn, meanwhile, who has not made a start this season due to a neck-related injury, is now slated to return for the final two races of the season at Barcelona and Monza.

Following surgery in June, Lynn is progressing through a “structured rehab and car-based recovery program” ahead of his anticipated return according to a statement from the team.

“I’m looking forward to getting back to racing with Cadillac Hertz Team JOTA,” said Lynn. “I’ve had a long and thorough rehab period and things are progressing well.

“Over the coming weeks and months I’ll be getting ‘race fit’ through a combination of physio, training, testing and sim work to make sure I’m at my best come Barcelona.

“I’ve been supporting the team from afar and will be cheering them on for the next round at COTA.”

The No. 12 car started the season with a two-driver lineup at Imola, before Louis Deletraz was drafted in for both the 6 Hours of Spa and 24 Hours of Le Mans, although it’s understood the Swiss driver will not have any further outings with the team.

It’s believed JOTA will again opt for a two-driver crew for the 6 Hours of Fuji, the race in between COTA and Barcelona.

JOTA sporting director Leon Price added: “It’s great that Alex is recovering well and will be back racing with the team soon.

“There is a plan in place for him to build back into racing in a measured way, to rejoin us for the final two rounds of the championship.

“Alex has been an important part of the team for years and we’re all looking forward to having him back racing with us.

“We’re very pleased to have Ricky joining us for COTA. He’s someone we’ve got to know well through Cadillac and during this year’s Le Mans program, and he already has a good understanding of how we operate.

“He’s an experienced endurance racer who will integrate quickly, and we’re looking forward to having him in the No. 12 car.”


Jake Thompson

Jake Thompson

I'm Jake Thompson, a motorsport journalist born and raised in North Carolina, where NASCAR weekends were basically family holidays. I’ve been covering everything from Formula 1 to rally raids for over a decade, blending sharp analysis with a fan’s heart. For me, writing about racing isn’t just a job — it’s the best seat in the house.